Monday, June 16, 2008

We Are Not So Few

Just a few months ago, I felt very alone in the realm of Aphrodite’s service. I knew a few people who honored Her, a few who were interested in learning more, but I only knew two other women – both in California, thousands of miles from me – who considered themselves Her Priestesses.

Now? Well, now I know brothers and sisters in golden delights from all over the world! Men and women from Belgium, Brazil, the UK, and even right down the road in the heartland of the USA are standing up and saying, “You mean I’m not the only one?”

No, you aren’t. I’m not. There are more of us than we knew. More than we hoped, I think. And that makes me happy.

Aphrodite has been speaking to us all for so long, and I am proud that I have heeded the call to service. More than that, I am honored to have such lovely men and women with me in this work … this play … this Divine celebration and exploration.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sister,

It´s so nice to hear this! The Aphrodite´s children is growing up at quantity and quality, in whole world. That remembers me a Michael Jackson´s song: You are not alone, I am here with you...
May the Goddess always bless that cheerful news.

)O( Morgan Le Fay )O(

From your friend and brother
In Love and Beauty

Anthea said...

I feel the same way! Since I read your book everything made sense about my own priesthood and dedication to Aphrodite and I feel my work in her name is part of something bigger and worldwide.
She inspired me to write my own book now - hope I find someone to translate it - about being a priestess and working with your personal god or goddess. I'm still busy writing though ;)

Love,
Anthea (from Belgium)

www.tempelvanaphrodite.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I would like to thank you for your blog. I would like to become a priestess of Aphrodite, and I'm working on.
I'm so happy to see there are other people in the world sharing the same faith and honoring Her.

And sorry for my english, i'm french and i do my best!

Anadiomene said...

Thanks for your blog, i'm an italian Priestess of Aphrodite, i Love Her, and Her Beautiful Gifts... Love and Blessings.

Sophia said...

I figured this would be a good place to ask this question --- but how do you become a priestess of Aphrodite?

I ask that because I think that I might have a calling in that direction.

Laurelei said...

Morgan, Anthea, Myesis, Anadiomene, and Sophia ~

Thank you all for your comments of support. You are all shining examples of the point I make. (Brazil, Belgium, France, Italy, US.) There are many of us from every point on the globe. I hope one day to have the chance to meet more of the men and women who walk this path.

Sophia, at this point, I don't know of any formalized training for Aphrodisian clerics, but I am working on a program that I hope to have in place by the summer of 2010. I'll be writing more about that program here and on the Thiasos Aphrodite yahoo group in the weeks and months to come.

Lovingly,
Laurelei