Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gearing up for Vinalia Rustica 2011

In my post on July 3, I discussed the needed renovations at the Aphrodite Shrine I help maintain at Our Haven Nature Sanctuary.

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed donations of money and materials to the renovation efforts. I'll keep your names confidential here, but know that they sit on my personal Aphrodite shrine at home as a prayer and a thanks for your generosity, grace, and love toward Aphrodite and this land that honors Her.

Secondly, I'd like to thank the folks who live locally to me and have already come out to help care for the shrine.

Arcadia (our cabin) in April 2010)
Finally, there is a small group of us that are planning on gathering to for a "work weekend" for the weekend when I was going to celebrate the Vinalia Rustica and restore the shrine. That weekend will be Friday, August 19th through Sunday, August 21. Currently, there are four women: Glaux (my sweetie), two of our good friends (Lily Savage and Daun), and me. We're going to have a mini-retreat at the cabin, and we would LOVE for you to join us if you feel moved to do so!




Our projects are going to include:
1.  Weeding and mowing the entire Great Rite Spiral
2. Raising a solid arbor above the shrine
3. Erecting a new statue (if it is available -- which is a possibility)
4. Laying ground cover -- either mulch or something like the fabulous spiral below

Lily's Idea (which we all LOVE)



If you would like to help in anyway (money, materials, plantings for the shrine or labor), please let me know. You can make monetary donations to the cause via PayPal:




1 comment:

Laurelei said...

We will also tend to the Women's Circle while we are there, in preparation for the Women's Goddess Retreat: http://www.asteriabooks.com/retreat/