Monday, December 14, 2015

Sacred Courtesan Questionnaire

A little over a year ago, I started collecting information from some of the men and women who serve as "sacred courtesans." I'm still collecting questionnaires and talking with folks who do this work, and I would like to broaden my scope and search a bit. To that end, please pass along this questionnaire to anyone you think might be interested in sharing their experience with me. All responses can be sent to me at laurelei@asteriabooks.com. THANKS!



BACKGROUND: I consider myself a Sacred Courtesan. That service, which has always been linked to Aphrodite for me, has taken on different shapes and textures over the years, though. Lately, I've been more of a Sacred Madame (or a Scared Whore-ganizer), acting in a teacher or facilitator role. As I get more requests for instruction from folks, I realize that I want a broader base of understanding for this very somewhat sprawling topic.

DISCLAIMER: I plan to write about this topic at some point in the near future. I will likely publish a book, and it is entirely possible that experiences recounted in this conversation could appear in print. My *assumption* is going to be that you prefer anonymity, unless you specifically note otherwise. If you want me to use your name (or a chosen pseudonym), you'll need to let me know. (I'll probably send you a release form to sign.) Otherwise, I will make up a simple pseudonym or use no name at all.

INSTRUCTIONS: Answer the following questions as fully as you feel that you can. Some questions may not apply, of course. After I have received back your responses, I may have some follow-up questions for you.

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me about your work and experience.


1) ARE YOU CURRENTLY ENGAGED IN THE WORK OF THE SACRED COURTESAN?


2) WHAT HAS THAT WORK LOOKED LIKE FOR YOU? BE AS SPECIFIC HERE AS YOU CAN ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.


3) DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AS A PRIEST/ESS OF A PARTICULAR DEITY (OR OTHER ENTITY), AS REGARDS BEING A SACRED COURTESAN? OR, DOES YOUR CALLING COME FROM SOME OTHER DESIRE/SOURCE?


4) HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY TRAINING FROM A MENTOR, EITHER IN PERSON OR VIA CORRESPONDENCE?


5) WHAT RESEARCH HAVE YOU UNDERTAKEN AS A PART OF YOUR WORK? (IE, RELATED BOOKS, CLASSES, OBSERVATIONS, ETC.)


6) HOW OPENLY HAVE YOU PRACTICED YOUR ARTS?


7) WHAT REACTIONS HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED FROM OTHERS REGARDING THIS WORK? (FAMILY, FRIENDS, CLIENTS, STRANGERS)


8) WHAT TRAINING OR INFORMATION HAVE YOU FOUND LACKING (VIA BOOKS, WORKSHOPS, ETC) THAT YOU WISH SOMEONE WAS DISCUSSING/TEACHING?


9) WHAT DOES YOUR SUPPORT NETWORK LOOK LIKE, IF YOU HAVE ONE? (DO YOU WORK WITH OTHERS OF A SIMILAR CALLING? DO YOU HAVE/NEED SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS? CAN YOU TALK WITH ANYONE ABOUT THE CHALLENGES AND SUCCESSES YOU EXPERIENCE?)


10) IN WHAT WAYS, IF ANY, DO YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE GROWN OR CHANGED BASED ON YOUR WORK AS A SACRED COURTESAN?

1 comment:

Arch-bishop of the Black Gnosis said...

I'm interested in promoting and propagating this work, but as a man will simply be accused of "pimping". I'm wondering if you have any avice on this, and on seeking women or men who might be willing to offer the service. Thanks!