Friday, May 7, 2010

Aphrodite Shrine Becoming a Reality

This may be one of my last "planning" posts in regards to the Aphrodite shrine that I am helping care for. I believe that I now have most (if not all) of the money together to bring all of the elements together.

We already have the beautiful rock shrine base.


I'd already decided on a lovely replica of the Medici Venus:

And now we've selected the actual arbor:


and the species of climbing roses (Blaze):
 



It's going to be so lovely once it's all completed. I'm so happy that I have access to land where this is possible.

All of these pieces will be in place by June 9. That is the set-up day for the Babalon Rising festival at Our Haven, and the shrine must be in order by then.

6 comments:

Elle said...

I'm very excited for you and your Haven. It's going to be very beautiful! I look forward to pictures of when it's all finished!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that is going to be an amazing shrine!

Laurelei said...

Thank you, Elle and Sannion! I can't wait for it to be in place with the roses climbing and blooming. *sigh* It'll be hard to tear me away from it, I think.

Br. Pax said...

Have you gotten it up yet? I am excited to see pictures!

Laurelei said...

Son of Wisdom -- I'm going out to Our Haven with all the materials this Friday! The statue is in my car -- and she's beautiful! I'm picking up the roses tomorrow and the arbor on Wednesday evening. =) I'll take my camera with me and post pics as soon as I can. (I'm excited, too.)

April said...

What a lovely sentiment! i wish you joy in creating the shrine. The statue is beautiful and i look forward to the pictures of progress. Thank you for sharing.