Friday, May 7, 2010

Hemera Aphrodites

Today, on Aphrodite's honored day within the week, I give Her thanks and praise for allowing me to stand witness at a beautiful wedding at the end of the Beltaine weekend at Our Haven.

A couple who were already legally married wished to exchange spiritual vows before the Gods. The couple are Pagan/Wiccan, and wanted a handfasting -- specifically with the blessings of Aphrodite and Pan. Though I practice Hellenismos for myself, I am actually quite happy to officiate a Pagan handfasting (and am ordained to perform legal marriages). I was and will always be a 3rd Degree HPS within a certain witchcraft tradition, and I am happy to put that training and knowledge into the service of Aphrodite Gameli.

As it happens, a long-standing friend of mine (and devotee of Pan) was also there, and we officiated together. Glaux and my sweet, sweet bunny also had important roles. Glaux called the quarters and was the lepus-bearer. The lepus himself, sacred to both Eros and Aphrodite, chose mainly to stand at the bride's feet and offer the couple his fecundity.

Thank you, Nikki and Mike, for letting me bear witness to your love and vows. And thank you, Aphrodite, for continuing to bless me with such amazing testaments to your power.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely! May Aphrodite and all the gods bless their union!

Laurelei said...

My thoughts, too, love.

Lauren Raine said...

Lovely to encounter your blog! I am a mask maker, and years ago I directed a performance devoted to Aphrodite set to the music of Leonard Cohen ("Dance Me to the End of Love". Thank you for bringing the energies of Aphrodite back to the world.........

Lauren

Laurelei said...

Thank you so much, Lauren! Your work sounds enchanting. =)